Monday, January 4, 2010

Gathering #13

As 2010 has begun we all take some time to think about what we want to do differently in the New Year. How we are going to better our lives. At work on New Years Eve everyone talked about their resolutions. I told them that I don't make resolutions because by the 5th of January I would have broken my resolutions. But they did get me thinking. So this weekend I thought about what I wanted out of life. I want to be happy. I want to do things that make me happy. I want to spend time with my family. I want to travel and see the world. I want to get in better shape. I want to read more.
So still no resolutions for me. Maybe just some things to think about. I can accomplish my goals to make my life happier. I have added some things to my blog to help me become happier.
#1 I love to read. I have added my reading list. Lets see how many books I can read this year.
#2 I love to travel. I have put my count down of days until I go to Hawaii
#3 I am hoping to write more things that happen in my life, maybe keep me more focused.
Maybe this will help me be more happy. Maybe this will be the way to keep me focused on what really matters. I don't know we will have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. I don't tend to make New Year's Resolutions either. Actually, I tend to set my goals of that nature more often in September because that's when a new school year would start and even though I'm done with school (unless some day I go back for a Masters or something) I still make my goals at that time.

    ...and Hawaii sounds lovely right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy you are always inspiring! Thank you for your post .... just when I needed it most. I will travel with you any day. James is too boring, I need a better traveling partner :)

    ReplyDelete