Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gathering #7

I have a weakness. I know you all thought that I am perfect and that I do everything right, but none the less I do have a weakness. I love to SHOP!!! I love to shop for things that are on sale. I think that there is something wrong with my brain. Or maybe my heart. I see something on sale and one part of me (my heart or brain not sure which) says "You cant afford that" and then the other part of me says "But Kimmy you need it." And so back and forth I go as I slowly put things in my shopping cart and check out. Am I happy that I bought it? YES! Will I do it again? NO! Well I probably will and then goes the debate back and forth. As I put things in my cart that I HAVE TO HAVE. Maybe someday I can turn this weakness into a strength. Maybe one day I can learn to say "no you cant afford that."
Its red ribbon week at school and the kids are practicing saying no to drugs. Is shopping a drug? The bigger question can I say no?

3 comments:

  1. Cute blog Kimmy. I have this weakness too, but more with grocery shopping. You always have to buy food right, so it makes it extra tempting especially when it's too good price to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy, I have many wonderful memories of shopping with you. You used to make it so much fun!

    Hmm, those are some deep questions about shopping. I think you have plenty of self respect - you don't buy everything, plus you get stuff when it is on SALE - and that should count for something, right? :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to tell you this but shopping IS NOT a weakness!!! Love ya tons and keep shopping!

    ReplyDelete