Sunday, April 24, 2011

Gathering #93

So this past week I was on Spring Break, and I realized on like Friday that I think I had tried a ton of bakeries along the Wasatch Front. So here is my review of each place in order of days that I tried them:

#1 Krispy Kreme: There is nothing better then a hot Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut. We tried glazed, custard filled, chocolate cake, frosted. My favorite was the chocolate cake. I rank this 4/5
#2 Branbury Cross: They were all out of apple fritters when I got there (if you have not tried their apple fritters, run do not walk and get one today). We tried glazed, chocolate cake, raised with chocolate icing, white cake, and old fashioned. My favorite was the chocolate cake. I rank this 2/5
#3 Dicks Market: Nothing like Dicks bakery. We tried chocolate frosted raised with chocolate filling, a raised with mint frosting, and cake doughnuts. This is my go to bakery I love almost everything they have. I rank this 3/5
#4 Schmidt s Pastry Cottage: No doughnuts at Schmidts but we tried cookies. We tried German Chocolate Cookies, Mint and Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Snicker doodle, Oatmeal Raisin, and Sugar Cookies. If you are a fan of Schmidts I do apologize but not a fan. I would go get the mint and chocolate sandwich cookies. I rank it 5/5
#5 Parsons Bakery: We tried Chocolate Cake doughnuts, White Cake doughnuts, German Chocolate Cookies, and Sugar Cookies. It was all so good. Parsons was my favorite bakery of the week. Every time, everything that I try I like. I rank it 1/5.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions of pastry shops for me to try. I am always up to trying new baked goods.

Also just an idea that I am trowing out to the cosmic cyber space, maybe I will start doing restaurant rankings. You never know

4 comments:

  1. Kimmy! You MUST try to Sweetest Tooth Fairy! I'm so obessed with it! delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bakeries. Generally I only go to Dicks, but I'll have to try some of those others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I also love Sweet Tooth Fairy. Pricey but very good. My favorite is their Va-NIE-lla (vanilla). It has a hint of almond in it.

    And it's not over the top amazing, but you need to try Kiwi Bakery on Magna Main just to say you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are ever driving to San Francisco on
    I-80 let me know, I have a GREAT recommendation for you.
    I am always looking for good pastry shops I will have to try these you suggest.

    ReplyDelete