Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gathering #62 Day 4

I love to cook so it was very hard for me to pick a recipe. I kept thinking do I want a dessert, an appetizer or main course. I decided to go with a main course. So here it goes (one of) my favorite recipes.

Comfort Meatballs I serve them with potatoes, corn bread, and beans, but they are also good as mini meatball sandwiches.

  • FOR MEATBALLS
  • 1-½ pound Ground Beef
  • ¾ cups Oats
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion
  • 1-½ teaspoon Salt
  • Plenty Of Ground Black Pepper, to taste
  • _____
  • FOR COOKING MEATBALLS
  • 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (coating For Frozen Meatballs)
  • Canola Oil
  • _____
  • FOR SAUCE
  • 1 cup Ketchup
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
  • 4 Tablespoons (to 6 Tablespoons) Onion
  • 1 dash Tabasco

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.

After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.

Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.

Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment